Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Flavor!

after a short hiatus so I could concentrate on the NCLEX-RN, I am back to sous chef status!

woOHoo!!!! =)

Just because I disappeared from the kitchen, it did not mean that I stopped thinking about food entirely. HAHAHAHA. After numerous experiments, we finally found a way to make the mango flavor consistent. YAY! Hopefully, we can find a steady supplier so this would be affordable for everyone. As of right now, it is currently a rare find. This very kind Korean bakery lady actually sold me her extra stash. I just asked her where I could purchase some, and she actually went and offered me an unopened and sealed package. She talked to her boss and was able to sell it to me. I was very much thankful to her. Perhaps, I will give her a sample of our mango cupcake. What do you think? ^__^

Much to our excitement we started experimenting while fulfilling our current order of triple chocolate cupcakes. We forgot we had those in our menu... HAHAHA. We really need to keep track of our older flavors. Anyways, being that summer was starting, Chef Kat was craving some lychee. While I was working on topping the cupcakes with fluffy chocolate mousse, she prepared two cups of lychee served over ice. YAY!!! I, the slave, gets a snacky break. exciting...

I became curious and mixed the mango with my lychee drink. Stiiiiir. Stop. Taste. Add more ice. Stir some more... Taste. VOILA! Chef Kat! Taste. :light bulb:


THIS IS OUR NEW FLAVOR!!!

Mango-Lychee!!!

yuuup. So keep an eye out for Mango-Lychee. We'll be perfecting it in the next few weeks, and as soon as it is ready, I shall update you.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

-Eina Jane & Co.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOTHER! i saw pics from the previous post. everything looks perfect and delicious! where exactly is your cutoff point in Northern NJ? my bday is coming up so i was looking into cakes/cupcakes. do u have a menu online with prices? u can BB message or email me! thanks! let me know how your NCLEX went!

congrats so far with that new company!

xo,
ateh shirl